Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Well, I need to get a good post up with some pictures, but we seem to lack taking pictures when we need to the most! And, I need to find the cord or adapter for my camera card to put the pictures on the computer! :)

It has been a good summer so far, but I don't feel like I have done near enough with the kids that I wanted too, like one on one time and teaching them and giving them some structured, learning fun. ... oh well ... I will blame that on the baby and hope for better next year! Taylor and Kaden have been taking swimming lessons and I went to watch them last week. They are doing pretty darn good! I cannot believe the improvement Taylor has made from last year and Kaden is much more brave than I expected! They are both so good to their new brother, but no so good to each other. I think they get a little tired of each other after awhile and after having not been to daycare for two weeks! They were so excited when they got to go back this week!

I took Taylor and Cody to the dr for checkups on Monday...both had to get shots. I had told Taylor before hand what it would be like and that it might hurt a bit, but if she did good she could get a prize. She didn't forget that part and asked me about it on the way to the dr, I told her we had to go get milk at the store and she could pick out a little something then if she did good...she said, "Don't they give us suckers at the doctors?" I said Yes, she then said, "oh, ok, I guess that will be good enough for my prize!" Allright...sounded good to me! She did great!
I didn't realize she had to have 4 shots!!! When the nurses came in, she came up to me and whispered, "I don't think I want to do this anymore" I explained she had to in order to go to school, so she got up on the bed and did great! After she got the first 2 shots, her eyes went big and watery and she said, "owww", but didn't cry...after the next 2, she wanted to cry, but didn't. She was very brave. Then she got up close while Cody got his and held his hand because she knew he would cry. She was a very big sister for him!!! He did cry, and criedthroughout the day. His shots really bothered him, which I didn't expect because they hadn't bothered my other two...Tay's started to get pretty sore as the day wore on, too, but she had a bath and masasged the tender parts and is doing much better today!
Cody weighed in at 11 pounds 13 oz; in the 25th percentile..so he is already beating out the other two kids. They were at like the 15th percentile at this point and then barely made the charts here on after, so we will see how he compares in the future.

I love my kids so much, even though they drive me so crazy! I finally got cody's newborn pictures back 5 weeks after they were taken and I will post them on here soon!~

No comments: