Wednesday, October 21, 2009

3 1/2 weeks!

So, it has been 3 1/2 weeks since i had my last soda pop!! This Saturday will be 4 weeks! Yes, I do feel better and I have lost a few pounds; however, like the sweet little girl below (picture from google images) I still have a strong desire for not candy, but yummy things like brownies and ice cream...you know those Betty Crocker Warm Delights--the brownie with peanut butter chips, or the cookie ones are my favorite with a scoop of ice cream! YUM!

However, when I look at this beautiful Diet Dr. Pepper straight from the fountain, I can feel my mouth watering.........

Or how about a Dt. Coke with freshly squeezed lemons.........still watering.........



And then, of course, there is the ultimate Devil!!! Mountain Dew!!! And my brother keeps these stockpiled in the fridge...just to tempt me I am sure! I told him it's like putting beer in front of an alcoholic. Although his canned or bottled mountain dew is disgusting...I much prefer straight from the fountain with lots of ice....I am holding my own....and hoping it continues!! There is no need for pop! Water is doing the trick just nicely. It's not that I am addicted (maybe?) I don't get the caffeine headaches when I quit or need the sugar...its just the refreshing carbonation that I crave...especially with Mexican food....there is nothing better than a cold, fountain mountain dew with some chips and salsa..........oh........maybe in the next life........for now I will stick to H2O!!
That is all for now!


3 comments:

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

I guess no more mexican food for our lunches... I will support you and remove any temptation!!! Love you!!! And you are looking GREAT!!!

Heidi said...

Good for you! Keep up the good work! You are looking good!

Anonymous said...

Mountain DEW is sooo tasty! In fact, I am drinking one right now. I just love how the carbonation fizzes on my tongue with that delicious taste!!! It's a bit of heaven on earth. LOve you and good job!!!!!!!