Your Best Is Good Enough
"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. Many are able to be “full-time moms,” at least during the most formative years of their children’s lives, and many others would like to be. Some may have to work part- or full-time; some may work at home; some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else."
M. Russell Ballard
So, I think this quote helps me to try to feel better about things. As some of you may know, I may have been trying to get you to pity me or feel sorry for me......and I shouldn't. I have been super busy and swamped and overwhelmed with work and church stuff that I feel like I do not have time to fully be there for my family...to play with my kids, make meals, and just relax. But, I just have to realize that that is my choice. I also have the choice to be happy or not and I am working on that!!
Brian is a wonderful husband and father and very supportive. I appreciate all the help that he gives me. He is very selfless and it is a huge help to me, because that is a quality I do not have.
Thanksgiving is coming in 2 weeks, then Christmas in another 4 weeks. The holidays are stressful and I am excited for them anyways and hope we can remember the reason for the season!
3 comments:
You are so right! I love this quote and might have to steal it!!! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!
Jenn!!! I adore you, admire you and love you more than you will ever know!!! You are amazing and I marvel at how well you do all that is asked of you!!! I love ya and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in any way!
I love the quote. It really helps you to remember the importance of motherhood. Well thanks for the comment your to sweet. Your family is just adorable.
How do you know Wendy. I love that girl. We were really good friends when I lived in Pocetello back in the day. You will have to tell her hi for me. Hope you don't mind but I am going to add you to my friends list.
Post a Comment