Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Taylor
So, we have some really cute pictures of Taylor that we will post soon, but I was just thinking about how funny Taylor has been lately and thought i would share.....That girl needs to be potty trained....SOON!!! I bought her some new "panties" (she loves to say panties) and she loves to wear them...she is always taking off her diaper and trying on like every pair that she has....and she can take her diaper off and her pants off real easy, so whenever she poops she always tries to take her diaper off to have it changed...but she still doesn't get that if she would just go in the potty it would save that hassle....so, the other day Shannon was over and Taylor pooped, we went into the room to change her and she started taking her diaper off, I hurried and laid her down and told her I needed to wipe her first...so I laid her down, she grabbed her diaper and ripped it out from under her...i grabbed the diaper and there was no poop in it..."Where did the poop go?" Well, we looked around and it had plopped right in the middle of Taylor's chest on her shirt....ewww...gross!!! She just laughed....She also did this again last Sunday when Brian was trying to change her, but she took off running and had poop smeared all over her bum....Yes, i know that is gross and some people probably don't care to know all these details, but I thought it was so funny!!! She likes to sit on the potty and pretends to wipe...so, she is pretty ready I guess. we'll start working on her......I am just dreading all the time it will take.....any tips?? let us know!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I have heard from various moms up here that the book about potty training in a day is great. They say you have to really commit for a day, and then it is easy after that. I don't know personally, but I am not looking forward to potty training! Brock already runs away the second we get his diaper off and hes only 13 months!
I am laughing my head off at this post. I can just see Tay running away from buddy and laughing about her poop. I have no ideas. You guys know I am no good at it. good luck!!
Haha...She is so funny! I too am not good at the old potty training thing. Jordyn was trained before she was 2 only because she pretty much just did it herself overnight. Now Allie on the other hand is 3 and we are still working on it day by day. I think it all depends on the kid! Well good luck!! Sorry i'm not much help!
I think you need to have some rewards at first for the good things that she does, maybe a little candy or maybe even something more special for the "poop", it'll get her excited about doing it. Then you slowly start decreasing the rewards because she knows what she should be doing. I don't think she will be hard to train. She is funny!
That is so funny, I love to hear stories like that! Our kids sound alot alike!! Aniston could almost just change herself, she would grab a diaper, the wipes, and start stripping!!
It sounds like she is very ready for being toilet trained... my oldest started to take her diaper of on her own, and a couple of times we didn't catch her fast enough and she was in her crib..... she decided to paint with the pooh.... we nick named her poohkaso.
The only thing that worked for me was just never go back and forth. Once the panties are on.. they have to stay on, and no more diapers. Good luck
JEN LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL WITH THESE TWO. YOUR LITTLE BOY IS ADORABLE AND WE HOPE ALL IS WELL FOR YOU. TONYA BERNT
Hey Jen it was good to hear from you on my blog. Don't you just love the potty training stage. My advice is to take her diaper off whenever you are home and let her run around like that. She will realize (hopefully) that she don't have anything on and can't go on the floor and start going in the potty. It worked for Carson the best. Good Luck! Let me know how it goes. Lynzi
Post a Comment