Last week while I was washing Kaden's crib bedding, he decided he needed to have a nap, which is a good thing! He was laying in our room, but kept getting distracted by Taylor or the TV. Finally, I said, Kaden do you want to go lay in your room? He got up and took me to his room, since I was washing all of his bedding, his crib mattress was on the ground. He just climbed up on it and said, "night, night." He slept on his mattress on the floor that night, too, since he went to bed at 7:30pm and I was at work, so Brian, of course, didn't put his crib bedding back together! :) He did really well. So we decided since he slept on it again Tuesday night that we needed to get rid of the crib before he remembered that is where he should be sleeping! (He was not feeling well, so I don't think he cared where he slept!) Wednesday we took down the crib and this is where he slept for the next couple of nights. In the corner, on the floor! I was worried about this since he was such a good sleeper in his crib, but he did great!
Here he is on the floor on Saturday during his nap, while we were outside building this (see below!)
His new bed!!! Kaden and Taylor love his new bed. We are planning on building Taylor a bed similar to this, but a daybed. Too bad she doesn't sleep in her own bed all night like Kade! The picture above is him sleeping on Saturday night in his new bed, since the flash was on the camera it doesn't look like night, but it is. He has slept in his new bed 3 nights now and does great! When he wakes up, he just sits up saying, "mommy" or "daddy". I hope this is not just beginners luck and that he continues to do so well at night!! We have been blessed with him, he is a great sleeper and so we usually get good sleep, too!

1 comment:
you guys did a great job on that bed! It looks really good.
Post a Comment