This is our friend, Bryson....He ran the half marathon and since Rase didn't know for sure who he was and he was the camera man, this is the best picture we got of him. He did great and got 11th place overall and 1st in his age group. He ran a pace of 7 min 15 sec miles...and still didn't meet his goal. I think that was pretty darn good!!! Way to go!!
Brian must have been running so fast that the camera couldn't keep up with him which is why this is so blurry!!! He decided to run the 10k after his boss informed him she got some free entrys into the marathon for being a sponsor. She was also running the 10k so he thought he would go for it. The closer it got, the more he kept wondering if he made the right decision, but it cost money to change to the 5k, so he stuck with it. I think he did pretty darn good with a time of 55 minutes--8 min, 53 sec miles....not too bad for the training that he got in before the race. He was probably embarassed by his cheerleaders (me, Rase, Tay, and Kade) honking at him most the way and stopping to cheer him on, but he kept a smile on his face and didn't stop to walk!! He is a little sore now, but determined to do a half marathon soon enough!!
Looks like he caught up with the girl in the pink!! Way to go!!
And, here he is at the finish line....looks like he passed the girl in the green shirt, too!!
<
Not sure what this is??? And, Taylor got her face painted......she didn't like it after a few minutes though and had to have it washed off!
<

5 comments:
Way to go Brian! That is so hard... I hate to run and the more I do it the older I start to feel... I get going and then my knee will hurt, and then my foot, and then my shoulder and then I just want to give up. But I am going to try and at least do a 5k next month. (just so I can say that I did it) I don't think a 10k even sounds fun at all and I know I couldn't do it, so way to go!!!
Go Brian! I am organizing a Relief Society 10K in our ward and wondering what I've gotten myself into! This post has inspired me, though!
Woo hoo..go Boonsie. Proud of ya!
Nice work Brian! We are impressed!
GOOD JOB BUDDY!!
Post a Comment