


7LBS 3 OZ
20 1/2 INCHES
14 INCH HEAD/ NOT BUDDYS HEAD (soon became his big head! :) )
VERY, VERY, VERY CUTE....
MOTHER AND BABY ARE DOING FINE!!!!!!
Yes, we had to wait and labor had to be induced with this wonderful little girl! The doctor, Dr. Schubert, told us to call at 6 a.m. to come and get a bed in labor and delivery...so of course, excited new parents to be, we set the alarm for 6 a.m. and called--they were full and could not get us in...oooh-I was so anxious! And just wanted to sleep in! I was so hungry, but they told us not to eat before I came in....Labor and Delivery said they would call as soon as their was a bed available. We waited and waited and it seemed like forever! Finally, we decided to go and get some breakfast when the call came...so, I was very hungry at this point! We got to the hospital about 10:30 am on the 23rd of June. What a waste of time! They put an IV in me that was pretty much just water with electrolytes to keep me hydrated. The nurse was not very nice, either. She continued to make remarks about how silly it was that we were there getting induced (I was no where ready to go into labor on my own). She wouldn't let me eat anything but water either....not fun. I had this IV in until about 1:30 pm....that was all I did, sit in the room with an IV for 3 hours. Finally, the doctor came in and gave me a pill to soften my cervix which had to sit for 4 hours.....he came back at about 6:00 pm and I was still not dilated or softened at all...so he gave me another pill and I had to sit and wait for another 4 hours. At this point, I guess I was having contractions, but couldn't fill them and I was only dilated to a 3 at 10:00 pm. He finallly broke my water---that was terrible. I hated it. I felt like I was going to the bathroom and had no control over it--and the contractions that came after that were very painful. Since I was not dilated, I couldn't have an epidural at that point, I don't know how some women go without pain meds. I was given an epidural for the pain at about 1:30 pm and then tried to take a little nap. I slept for about an hour and the nurse came to check up on me. I said, "Good, because it feels like I really need to push." She checked and hurried and got another nurse ready and said I was ready to push. The epidural was wonderful because I would push and then just sit back and have a conversation with the nurse and Brian as if nothing was happening--I think I had too much medication in it. But, finally, Taylor Grace arrived and it was a wonderful feeling. I loved her so much. It was so good to have Brian there as well. I do admit I was a little jealous though that Brian got to sit and hold her and bond with her for quite awhile as I was being taken care of after the delivery. Such a wonderful experience to have a new baby--a fresh gift from heaven and Heavenly Father. She had such a sweet spirit and we love her very, very much!
2 comments:
She is so cute!!! Oh..I wish I was there. I can't stop looking at her picture. I love the name. Congrats!! You will both be awesome parents.
I love and miss you.
Aunt Kimmie
Post more pictures. I can't believe I have to get sick now! Wish I was there with you guys. Congradulations!
Post a Comment