About a week ago, Taylor and I were looking at some pictures. One of them was of a newborn laying on a zebra print blanket. Taylor said, "oooh, I want zebra carpet...not a blanket, but carpet, so it will lay flat." She also informed me she would like her room painted zebra print style. Well, I did find a few zebra print rugs, but they were a little above our budget...so, she did get a blanket, but since her Aunt Shannon convinced her a blanket would be cool...she loved it!!! She was sooo happy.
Although, we fail as parents for her birthday this year. She got a monkey shirt (that she loves and has worn everyday since) but saw it the day I bought it. I had it in our room to show Brian, knowing she wouldn't go in there, well she did, checking on the baby and came out, saying, "I saw a monkey shirt on your bed and I really love it." Darn. I told her she had to wait for her birthday.
Then, she was in Soda Springs while we went to Idaho Falls and got her some presents from Target. They were on the table. She came home before we expected her too, and I had not moved the presents from the table. She kept saying, "I saw some petshops on the table and one even had a hat with it." Brian and I convinced her she must have dreamed this...until her birthday when she realized her dream was not really a dream :( So, Brian 'hid' the presents by placing them in the coat closet in our living room...I did not know this. I was having her put some shoes in the closet when we were cleaning the living room, and she says, "You got a zebra blanket for me?!?!?!" Oh my...seriously, she knew all of her presents, but she was still happy. And she got her favorite froyo instead of a birthay cake because Brian and I are terrible...we didn't want to make a birthday cake since we didn't have enough people to share it with and didn't want to end up eating the whole thing ourselves..lame, but she was satisfied with froyo!
Here are Taylor and Kaden in a rare moment ... hugging and loving each other! Actually, they are best friends, but like all best friends, they tend to fight and compete with one another. They love their new brother, but are really struggling with each other. Very chaotic and stressful around here sometimes with these two!

2 comments:
That blanket does look really cozy and soft, just the way Taylor said it was!
I haven't been on your blog forever..I have missed out on all these cute posts. They are making my day...I am dying laughing at all the pics and stories...crazy kids!!
Post a Comment