Sunday, December 13, 2009

Salt Lake City

Kaden's best moments of our weekend trip are pictured above!!! :) Kade fell asleep on the way to the one and only store that we went to on our trip to Salt Lake City. He actually stayed alseep while we went into the store and my arms were turning to rubber from holding him, so we found some pillows at IKEA and put them in the cart and made a little bed for Kade. It worked for about 20 minutes, and then he woke up...darn!

We headed to SLC on Friday to go to Temple Square and look at the lights and stay the night at a hotel for a nice little getaway and swimming of course! (we forgot to take camera to pool...but Taylor loved it..and Kade only liked the hot tub).

We stopped at Red Robin in Layton and ate an early dinner. Then headed to SLC to check in to our hotel. It was a pretty nice hotel and we got to stay for free which was even better (a benefit of Brian's travels to CO.). We then bundled the kids up (because it was FREEZING) and headed to Temple Square. It was beautiful as always. Taylor and Kaden were very impressed with the light display....and Taylor loved the "big Jesus" and "baby Jesus" displays. She is so fun this year. She is really into Christmas and understanding what it really means. It will be so fun to watch her this year! We were at the Temple for about an hour before we decided to head back to the hotel because it was so cold and Taylor wanted to go swimming.

Some funny things Taylor has been saying lately, she said this went Shannon was here for Thanksgiving and has said it a couple times since....she continues to say that she cannot wait until she gets big, bigger like Mommy and Daddy so that she can go to the Temple and get married. She said, "mmm, I think I can't marry Daddy, though, because he already married Mommy, sooo, I guess I will marry bud (Kade)". It was pretty cute, I am sure one of these days she will no longer want to marry Bud!

When we told her we were going to the Temple this weekend, so was very confused..."what, but I'm not bigger yet...I can't get married in the Temple until I am bigger!" We had to explain we were just going to walk around it and look at the Christmas lights!

We went swimming...and then back to bed. Kaden actually slept pretty good considering he was not at home in his own bed---usually it is a nightmare trying to get him to sleep...I think the hot tub wore him out!

The next day we just relaxed and ate breakfast. We loaded everything up and went to IKEA...we had a good time until Kaden started acting up! Brian kept asked me as we were leaving what I would like to do the rest of the trip in Utah...we finally decided to eat lunch and just come home because the kids were super tired and onery. Kaden is not the most fun person to take anywhere! Taylor is pretty good, but she was tired! She talked the whole way home though! It ended up being a good thing that we came home early because the roads were pretty bad and it took quite awhile to get home! Hopefully next year, I will get to do a little more shopping! And we heard about some more fun places to go and look at lights!

Enjoy the pictures!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Cute pictures!! Looks like you guys had fun. Tay and Kade are so stinking cute! See you guys soon!